A challenge was recently issued to get Linux to run on an X-Box. It seems that the challenge has been answered and overcome. According to this thread from Slashdot, someone has gotten X, KDE, Gnome, StarOffice and Tuxracer to work on the gaming console.
Some of my favorite replies to the thread:
- So the question now is whether you can run the X-Box emulator on the result.
- And if you can, will it be faster than the original, because of the OS upgrade? ::grins::
- Now I can finally play TuxRacer at one FPS instead of all those crappy professionally made Xbox games!
- What we really need to get running on this is xmame. Nearly 3500 arcade games on your living room television set! Now there's $200 worth of entertainment!
- My Xbox is now an X box, because it runs X.