Mwave ACP driver for Linux
The ACP modem (Mwave) for Linux is a software based modem. This driver
provides support for the IBM ThinkPad * 600, 600E, and 770 models which
contain the Mwave chipset.
More information can be found on the ACP Modem website.
Version 2.0 change log
* The kernel driver has been removed from the distribution. The driver is
now exclusively maintained in the kernel.org tree proper
* The mwavem binary now installs in /usr/local/sbin by default instead of
* Mwave module options removed from mwaved script as they belong in
/etc/modules.conf or the newer /etc/modprobe.conf
* Most build warnings removed (Janice Girouard)
* More build warnings removed
* The mwave device file can now be specified in mwavem.conf
* The startup script, mwaved, is now installed as /etc/init.d/mwavem on
* Startup script updated to work w/ 2.6.x kernel installations
* RPM spec file now provided in src/extra. Modify the spec file as necessary
and use 'make rpm' to build RPMs for your system.
* mwavem binary now starts up as a daemon process. Logs to syslog.. PID file
written to /var/run/mwavem.pid