"He's adept at adaptation..."
Here's something that might give Bill Gates a possible reason to be happy... and a reason to be not-so-happy.
was recently issued to get Linux to run on an X-Box. It seems that the challenge has been answered and overcome. According to this
thread from Slashdot
, someone has gotten X, KDE, Gnome, StarOffice and Tuxracer to work on the gaming console.
Some of my favorite replies to the thread:
Current Mood: amused
- So the question now is whether you can run the X-Box emulator on the result.
- And if you can, will it be faster than the original, because of the OS upgrade? ::grins::
- Now I can finally play TuxRacer at one FPS instead of all those crappy professionally made Xbox games!
- What we really need to get running on this is xmame. Nearly 3500 arcade games on your living room television set! Now there's $200 worth of entertainment!
- My Xbox is now an X box, because it runs X.