Questions, questions, have I got questions.
(1) Red Hat 7.3 comes on five cds (or, isos, in my case). What are the last two discs? They are called 'SRPMS'. (source RPM's, perhaps?)
(2) How do I properly shutdown X? (let's say I'm at the 'login' screen, and just want an X-less shell)
(3) I have a partition on my hd that holds mp3's, videos, images, etc., that I use in both linux and win. Where would you recommend I mount this? (I'm not overly familiar with how the filesystem is laid out...where would this type of thing go?)
(4) My mouse wheel simply doesn't work. My mouse is a Memorex MX4100. X is set to use a three-button mouse...
(5) What keystroke combination kills an application from the shell? For instance, while I was getting my network set-up, I made the mistake of running 'ping 192.168.0.1' (without specifying a number of times to ping) a few times, and didn't know how to stop it.
Thanks you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.